Friday, October 18, 2013

30 Things I Wish I'd Done Before I Turned 30: #29, #28, #27

Two days left in my 20s and I realized I need to add quite a few more items to this list! 

#29 Studied/Lived Abroad
Yes, I can speak another language besides English relatively fluently, but if it hadn't been for learning it since I was six years old I'd be in bad shape because...I never studied or lived abroad when I was in college.  It is a mark of shame that I wear and reluctantly bring up when it inevitably is asked of me.  I say no.  People are surprised.  I'm surprised.  Really, I have no good excuse other than being young and dumb.  I was in a long-term relationship, that didn't work out by the way, and the thought of leaving my beloved was just too much to bear.  Looking back on all of that I'm pretty disgusted with my former self, but hey, you live and you learn.  Or you learn how you should have lived.

#28 Hiked a 14,000 ft Mountain
I look at one EVERY DAY.  What a slacker that I haven't even attempted to climb my lazy ass to the top. 
  
Excuses, excuses.
#27 Seen a Whale
This may seem small to you, but ever since Kindergarten when our teacher Mrs. Foster taught us about whales I have wanted to see one.  In the wild, not the zoo.  I want to know they are still there.  Any whale will do.   

No comments: